Sunday, July 10, 2011

ON MY OWN: Sunday 3rd July

That day I experimented a new way of discovering the city, by my own. I walked around the whole day. I decided to spend some time visiting Navy Pier. My previous idea about the place was that of an old amusement park, but the real thing is that the mix of attractions and fast-food restaurants, bar, museums, shops and people makes them a strange entertainment complex for me. However, I enjoyed the visit in a crowded Sunday afternoon, specially the sightseeing of both, skyline and lake. Maybe the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows doesn’t sound very amusing, but I could find some windows made by Tiffany’s and some Art Nouveau windows as well –four of them with Mucha’s Four Seasons-,  that deserve to enter and take a look.
Chicago Children’s Museum could be interesting for kids because of its creative and hand-on exhibits, like the Dinosaur Expedition or Waterways that let children explore the world of Paleontology or learn more about hydroelectric power.

No comments:

Post a Comment