Yesterday we had to search for information about the baseball game in groups of six. Each group had to collect some info about the rules, the players, the baseball parks and so on.
I used to like baseball because it is a sport we don't play in Spain, so its look appeals to me, but I have never grasped the rules. Maybe now it is a good opportunity for that.
As my group was encharged of the part regarding baseball pavillions, I continued without any idea about the baseball rules until today, when we have gone to a baseball park to practise (or at least, try to do it) softball. After some training, we have tried to simulate that we were playing something similar to baseball, but the thing is that we all were not very good in this sport. I have passed most of the time walking from the outer area to the inner, until it was my turn to be the batter. I could hit the ball at the first time and run. I didn't do it very bad, being a little bit dummy as I am.
I had a lot of fun playing, and I could catch more of the game than reading about it or even watching a video.
The point is that when you are an active part in the learning proccess, it's easier to understand any concept, so in response to the question I would say that today's activities have helped me better to grasp the baseball basics.
No comments:
Post a Comment