Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tuesday 5th July

My experience here in Chicago is being so exciting than I don't even have enough time to think about it. I had been to the USA past year for holidays, but it is the first time I am living in a foreign country for a month. I wished to know the american culture and way of life from the inside, not just like a tourist, and this is a great opportunity for that.

There are great differences between the european culture and the european one, in spite of globalitation. We the Spaniards have a lot in common with some other countries of Europe such as Italy, Portugal or France due to our history and location on the mediterranean coast, but we are also strongly linked to America. In the past the relation between Spain and Central and South America was clear, since we speak the same language. Strangely, now I feel that the United States are closer to us for the same reason because of the huge amount of latino inmigrants who are living here.

I have always been fascinated -and very influenced- by the american culture, even though I don't agree with the Americans in general in some issues rewarding politics or economy.

I hope to take advantage of the experience and learn more about America, and I'll try to show you soemthing about the spanish culture and people, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment