Today we have gone to the US Cellular Field, which is the home of the White Sox, a local baseball team. When we have entered the stadium I have been impressed by the music, the friendly atmosphere, and the huge amount of kioks selling food and beverages and as aresult, the smell along the corridor.
I hardly ever go to this kind of events in Spain because I'm not a supported of any team, so it was a new experience for me, but in this case with a sport that is still difficult to understand for me.
When we have gone to walk around and see the field from other points of view, the corridor was full of people buying food and drink, and I have thought that most of the people didn't care a lot about what was happening in the field (well, actually, the White Sox where loosing the game). I think that is just a social event where people go to meet some friends and have a good time. Maybe this is different in Spain, where people suffer a great dissapointment if their team looses a game.
When a player hit the ball so far than it came to the stands, someone from the public sitting on a row in front of me caught the ball and I took this picture:
It has been a good idea to go closer to the area where the players are because from that place you can see the game better than from our sites.
The White Sox were loosing the game 2-6 when we have decided to leave the field. It was 9 pm and we needed to catch the train to go back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment